Storing homemade baby foods: Helpful hints
- Cool and cover any purée your baby does not need for this meal. Most baby foods can be kept in a covered container in the refrigerator for 48 hours.
- You can freeze extra purée in ice cube trays. Once they are frozen, remove from the ice cube tray and store in clean freezer bags.
- Homemade baby food can be frozen in ice cube trays and used in the next 3 to 4 weeks.
- Only take out of the refrigerator or freezer enough food to feed a baby for one meal.
- Thaw baby foods in a covered container in the refrigerator. Use food as soon as it is thawed. Once thawed, it cannot be re-frozen.
- Throw out any food the baby has not eaten at the end of the meal. Also throw out any food that has been sitting at room temperature for more than 2 hours.