- - 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- - 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- - 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- - 1 teaspoon ginger, crushed
- - 2 cans chopped tomatoes (400 grams)
- - 4 cups chicken stock (make by mixing 2 stock cubes or 4 teaspoons of stock powder with 4 cups water)
- - 200 grams cooked chicken
- - 200 grams dried udon noodles
- - 1 cup bok choy (or a handful of spinach leaves)
- - 1 spring onion, sliced (optional)
- 1. Bring a pot of water to the boil for cooking the noodles.
- 2. Heat oil in a large pot.
- 3. Add onion and garlic to oil and cook for two minutes, until soft.
- 4. Add tomatoes and ginger and stir for 5 minutes.
- 5. Add the stock and chicken, bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- 6. Cook the noodles in the boiling water until soft. Drain and set aside.
- 7. Add the bok choy and drained noodles to the soup.
- 8. Cook for a further two minutes.
- 9. Divide into bowls and serve with crusty bread and chopped spring onion.
NotesInstead of chicken, try left over pork or beef for this dish for a different flavour.