- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500 grams beef mince
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup liquid beef stock
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Optional extras: 1 grated zucchini, 1 grated carrot, 1 finely diced celery stick, 1 cup sliced mushrooms, 1/2 finely sliced capsicum
- 1. Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook for three minutes.
- 2. Add mince and break up using a wooden spoon. Cook for a further three minutes or until mince is cooked.
- 3. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, beef stock, oregano and any vegetables you are using.
- 4. Bring to the boil and simmer for ten minutes.
NotesCheck out our [Tasty meals with mince article](https://www.healthykids.org.nz/eat/articles/tasty-meal-ideas-mince) for great ideas using this recipe.