- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 small carrot, peeled and diced
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 250g lean beef mince
- 2 cans canned whole peeled tomatoes, crushed
- ½ cup dried red lentils
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp vinegar
- ½ cup water
- Pinch ground pepper
- 1. Gently saute the diced onion, carrot and celery until soft and lightly browned in a large pot.
- 2. Add mince and stir constantly to break up and brown evenly.
- 3. Add all other ingredients.
- 4. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- 5. Simmer gently for approximately 1 hour.