This tasty recipe using broccoli stalks as well as the florets is great for making with kids.
- 2 cups broccoli, made up of grated broccoli stalk and/or cooked broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs, finely chopped (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 180⁰C.
- 2. Mix all of the ingredients together.
- 3. Roll the mixture into teaspoon sized balls then place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- 4. Bake for 12-15 minutes, turning the broccoli balls about 8 minutes into cooking time.