Chicken with eight vegetables
This chicken dish is jam-packed with vegetables. The large recipe makes enough for 10 people.
- - 2 cups pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- - 4 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- - 4 carrots, chopped
- - 2 medium kūmara, chopped
- - 1 swede, peeled and chopped
- - 1-2 teaspoons oil
- - 8-10 chicken thighs
- - 1 leek, sliced
- - 1 broccoli, sliced into florets
- - 1/2 cabbage, sliced
- - 3-4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2. Place pumpkin, parsnips, carrots, kūmara and swede in a baking dish. Add the oil and toss to coat. Add chicken thighs.
- 3. Place in preheated oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked but not brown.
- 4. Remove from the oven, add leeks, broccoli and cabbage. Mix.
- 5. Return to the oven for a further 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- 6. Serve with parsley.