- - 1kg mince
- - 1 teaspoon oil
- - 2 onions, chopped
- - 1 teaspoon curry powder
- - 1 teaspoon finely chopped chilli
- - 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- - 1 cup rice
- - 6 cups water
- - 5 cups diced kūmara and pumpkin
- 1. Heat a large pan over a high heat.
- 2. Add a quarter of the mince and brown, remove and keep warm. Repeat three more times.
- 3. Add oil and onions. Stir-fry until onions are clear.
- 4. Add curry powder, chilli and ginger. Stir-fry until for one minute.
- 5. Return the mince to the frying pan, add rice, water, kūmara and pumpkin.
- 6. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until rice and vegetables are cooked.
- 7. Add extra water if the mixture dries out before the rice is cooked.