- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 pumpkin, peeled and grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small onion, dice finely
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- pinch black pepper
- oil spray for cooking
- 1. Lightly whisk the eggs and milk together in a bowl.
- 2. Whisk in the self-raising flour to form a smooth batter.
- 3. Stir in pumpkin, carrot, onion, curry powder, parsley and ground black pepper.
- 4. Heat a non-stick fry pan and add a little oil spray. Then, working in batches, drop heaped tablespoons of batter into the pan.
- 5. Cook over a medium heat for two to three minutes until golden brown. Then turn over and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- 6. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil between batches if needed.
- 7. For a cafe-style breakfast or brunch, serve with relish, a little low-fat sour cream, and green salad or coleslaw.