- 4 large potatoes, or kūmara, scrubbed
- Your choice of fillings: 1 tin creamed corn or baked beans, a handful sliced ham and 1 small tin crushed pineapple (drained), or 1/2 cup tomato relish
- 1/2 cup grated edam cheese
- 1. Scrub potato or kūmara. Pierce each potato or kūmara with a fork a few times.
- 2. Microwave whole, unpeeled potatoes/kūmara on HIGH power for 3 to 4 minutes per potato/kūmara (they are cooked when soft to touch).
- 3. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- 4. Cut each cooked potato/kūmara in half. Scoop out the flesh and put in a medium-sized bowl.
- 5. Mash potato/kūmara with your choice of fillings.
- 6. Scoop filling back into potato/kūmara skins and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 7. Microwave the filled potatoes/kūmara for a few minutes until hot.