- - 2 eggs
- - 1/2 cup oil
- - 1/2 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt
- - 1 teaspoon vanilla
- - 1 1/2 cups cooked kūmara, mashed
- - 1/2 cup dates, chopped
- - 1 3/4 cups wholemeal flour
- - 1/4 cup brown sugar
- - 2 teaspoons baking soda
- - 1 tablespoon mixed spice
- 1. Preheat oven to 180C.
- 2. Grease and line one loaf tin with baking paper.
- 3. Add the eggs, oil, yoghurt and vanilla to the cooked kūmara, and whisk until combined.
- 4. Mix in the chopped dates.
- 5. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and mixed spice.
- 6. Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix to combine.
- 7. Pour the batter into the loaf tin.
- 8. Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes or until cooked through and a dark golden brown.