- - 1kg beef mince
- - 1 cup barley
- - 8 cups water
- - 3 teaspoons curry powder
- - 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- - 4 carrots, grated (save one for garnish)
- - 2 onions, diced
- - 1/2 cabbage, chopped
- - 1 cup frozen peas
- - 1 packet egg noodles
- 1. Heat a large frying pan over a high heat.
- 2. Add a quarter of the mince and brown, remove and keep warm. Repeat 3 more times until all the mince is browned.
- 3. Add all the mince back into the pan.
- 4. Add barley, water, curry powder, soy sauce, carrot and onion.
- 5. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes. Add more water if the mixture starts to dry out.
- 6. Add cabbage, peas and noodles. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- 7. Remove from the heat and garnish with remaining grated carrot.