Meatballs with summer ratatouille
Delicious summer vegetables and meatballs roasted together - a one dish wonder!
- 500 grams beef mince
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggplants, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 pita pockets (optional)
- 1. Heat oven to 200°C.
- 2. Mix the mince, tomato sauce and breadcrumbs together, season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Shape the mixture into balls and refrigerate while preparing other ingredients.
- 4. Put the eggplant, onions, and garlic in a large roasting dish.
- 5. Add the oil and toss the vegetables to coat.
- 6. Roast the vegetables in the oven for 20 minutes.
- 7. Take the roasting vegetables out of oven and mix the tomatoes, courgettes and vinegar.
- 8. Place meatballs on top of the vegetables.
- 9. Return to the oven and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- 10. Serve the meatballs and ratatouille with warmed pita pockets (optional).