- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 500 grams pork, fat removed and diced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 440 gram can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 pumpkin, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 2 cups salt-reduced beef stock
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened low-fat yoghurt
- 1. Heat the oil in a large fry-pan or pot over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, pork and paprika and stir for five minutes.
- 2. Stir in the thyme, tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, pumpkin, clelery, lentils and stock.
- 3. Bring to the boil then cover with a lid and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Take off the lid then leave to cook for another 20 minutes stirring occasionally until thick.
- 5. Take off the heat and stir in the yoghurt. Serve with rice.
NotesTo make 2 cups beef stock, stir 2 teaspoons beef stock powder into 2 cups boiling water