- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock (if using cubes, mix 3 cubes with 5 cups water)
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 1/4 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup edam cheese, grated
- 1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- 2. Line an oven tray with baking paper, toss pumpkin with oil on tray.
- 3. Roast pumpkin for 15 minutes until soft.
- 4. Bring stock to a boil in a medium pot, remove from heat, cover to keep warm.
- 5. Heat a drizzle of oil in a pot, cook onion for 4 minutes until soft.
- 6. Add rice, stir for 1 minute.
- 7. Add 1 cup stock, stir regularly, add the next cup when the first cup has been absorbed by the rice.
- 8. Repeat until all stock has been added and rice is tender, this takes about 20 minutes.
- 9. Fold through sour cream until combined.
- 10. Fold through cooked pumpkin.
- 11. Serve with a sprinkle of cheese.
NotesYou can add extra vegetables to this dish, try peas, spinach, mushrooms or capsicum. Add at the same time as the pumpkin.