Pumpkin, spinach and chickpea curry
A delicious vegetarian curry that's perfect for whipping up on a cold night.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 2 small green chillis, chopped finely (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1kg pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 3cm cubes
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 200 grams spinach, chopped
- 400 grams canned chickpeas, drained
- 1. Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add onion and cook until starting to brown.
- 2. Add garlic, ginger, chilli (if using) and spices to the pan. Cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- 3. Add pumpkin and vegetable stock, and bring to the boil. Cover with a lid and let simmer for 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- 4. Stir through the spinach and chickpeas.