- - Fresh vegetables
- - 2 teaspoons oil
- - Breast milk or formula
- Some suggestions for vegetables to roast include:
- - Potato
- - Kūmara
- - Yam
- - Carrot
- - Parsnip
- - Pumpkin.
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- 2. Peel and slice vegetables.
- 3. Drizzle with oil.
- 4. Place in an oven tray and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until soft.
- 5. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for five minutes.
- 6. Mash with a potato masher. Or purée in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- 7. Stir through enough breast milk or formula to make a smooth purée.
- 8. Freeze leftover cooled purée in ice cube trays.
NotesIf puréed until very smooth, this recipe can be fed to a baby when starting solid foods at around 6 months.