- 125 grams vermicelli noodles
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 500 grams lean beef, cut into thin strips
- 1 red capsicum or carrot, finely chopped
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup green beans, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup corriander, chopped roughly
- 1. Place the vermicelli noodles in a large bowl and add hot water until just covered. Soak for 10-15 minutes or until the noodles have expanded.
- 2. Heat the oil in a large pot, add the onion and cook until softened.
- 3. Add garlic and ginger and stir briefly.
- 4. Add the beef and cook until it is browned on both sides.
- 5. Drain the vermicelli over a bowl, saving a ½ cup of the soaking liquid.
- 6. Add the vermicelli and the ½ cup of soaking liquid to the beef mix.
- 7. Add the vegetables and soy sauce. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
NotesBe careful not to stir this dish too much or the vermicelli will become mushy.