- - 1 bunch or bag spinach leaves
- - 2 tomatoes, diced
- - 1 tablespoon vinegar
- - 1 can sardines
- - 4 slices toast
- - Pepper
- 1. Wash the spinach, break off and discard the bottom of the stalks.
- 2. On a high heat, place the spinach in a saucepan with a lid and a little water until wilted (approximately 5 minutes).
- 3. Remove from the heat, drain well and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- 4. Once drained, roughly chop and season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Drain the sardines and mash with the vinegar.
- 6. Place the spinach, mashed sardines and tomatoes on toast. Sprinkle with more pepper (optional).