Tasty BBQ skewers
Great for a summer barbeque. And a fun, easy way of getting children to try different vegetables.
- - 3 cups vegetables
- - 300 grams of meat
- - 12 skewers
- Marinade (optional):
- - 2 tablespoons whole seed mustard
- - 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- - 1 tablespoon hoisin or soy sauce (look for low-salt varieties)
- 1. Preheat barbeque to medium-high heat.
- 2. Cut vegetables into bite-sized pieces. If using potatoes, pre-boil for 7 to 9 minutes.
- 3. Cut meat into bite-sized pieces.
- 4. Thread the vegetables and meat onto skewers. If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in cold water for 30 minutes to prevent them from burning.
- 5. In a small bowl mix together the mustard, sweet chilli sauce and hoisin. Brush skewers with marinade mixture before cooking.
- 5. Barbecue for 10 to 15 minutes, or until meat is cooked and vegetables are tender. Turn the skewers regularly. Cooking time will depend on the size of the pieces and type of meat.