- 2½ cups self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder or mixed spice (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon reduced-fat spread
- 1 ½ cup cooked, mashed pumpkin
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk (approximately)
- 1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- 2. Sift flour, spices and salt. Rub spread into the flour.
- 3. Add mashed pumpkin, egg and milk. Mix together quickly until all ingredients are combined.
- 4. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead lightly until a soft, smooth dough is formed - be careful not to over knead as this will make your scones tough. Add more milk if required.
- 5. Roll out or pat dough down until it is 2cm in thickness. Cut into shapes using a cutter or knife. Arrange on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- 6. Bake for 15 minutes until set and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
NotesThanks to WAVE (Wellbeing and Vitality in Education) for this recipe.