Tips for getting kids more active
Being active is fun and has lots of benefits for the whole family.
Here's some top tips to get you started:
- Walk, run and play with your children. By being active with them you are setting a good example.
- If your children are not usually active, start with something fun like a trip to the local playground.
- Instead of short car trips, try walking, biking or scooting with your children.
- Encourage your children to play outside as much as possible.
- Try to do something fun and active as a family each week. Some ideas are rolling down a grass bank, playing tag, walking along the beach or taking a trip to your local pool.
- Limit the amount of time your children spend watching TV or in front of a screen to less than one hour per day.