You will need a clear space to play this game, one person to be the captain of the ship, and at least two other players to be the crew.
How to play:
- The captain is in charge of the ship and yelling out orders to the crew.
- Crew members must obey all of the captain's orders.
- The last crew member to finish an order is out of the game.
- Keep playing until one crew member is the winner.
Some examples of captain's orders:
- Scrub the decks: crew members get on their hands and knees and pretend to scrub the deck.
- Man overboard: crew members find a partner, hold hands and pretend to row a boat.
- Climb the rigging: crew members pretend to climb a rope ladder.
- Captain’s coming: crew members salute and say "aye aye captain".
- Shark attack: crew members must not touch the ground. At the beach you could stand on a towel.
- Hit the deck: crew members lay face down on the floor.
- Captain's wife: crew members curtsey.
- Four corners: there are four corners of the ship: back, front, left and right. Use something to mark each corner. When the captain yells out a corner all crew members must run to it.