Everyone loves making bubbles
Blowing bubbles using a wire loop or wand is fun for kids and adults of all ages. Have a competition to see who can make the biggest bubbles. Find out how easy it is to make bubble mixture at home .
This is a fun outdoor activity for kids, parents and grandparents. All you need is a tall plastic container, wire and dishwashing detergent.
- Add 1 cup of water to the container
- Pour in 1/4 cup of dishwashing detergent
- Stir (or shake if the container has a lid) to mix everything together
- To make a bubble wand bend a piece of wire to make a circle at one end. Use the other end as a handle. The circle can be anywhere between 2cm and 5cm wide (the bigger the circle, the bigger the bubbles - remember it needs to be able to fit into your container).
- Dip the circle into the bubble mixture and hold it up then blow gently to make a bubble.
Note: bubble blowing is best done outside.
Tips for stronger, longer-lasting bubbles:
- Make the bubble mixture a few hours in advance
- Try adding 1-2 tablespoons of glycerin (buy in a small bottle from supermarket or pharmacy) or sugar syrup (made by dissolving 2 tablespoons of sugar in 3 tablespoons of warm water).